Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kingston Women's Expo

I had the opportunity to be a part of the Kingston Women's Expo yesterday. The expo was a unique setting, where every booth was either a business run by women, or for women. There were over eighty various businesses participating, with an enormous range of services and products.

I have been running around over the past couple of weeks (admist trying to survive the first two weeks of teaching grade 8 to my new class of students), trying to get everything ready for the expo. My husband was a godsend this past week (are you reading this Andy??). He helped with so much of the "behind the scenes" work, and he even brought me sushi for lunch on Friday. And I can't forget my little men. They were amazing, and such good helpers for their mama. Grant and Max were incredibly patient while I ran many errands this past week, also as we set up, and they helped carry a lot of my items to my booth. It was a nice break in the middle of the day to receive lunch and some freshly picked dandelions from my boys.

I had an awesome day! There was a ton of traffic and I was able to meet so many new and interesting people. I love being able to be "out there" in the community and receive feedback about my work. I have a great family, and wonderful friends, who all made time to come out and support me.

I thought that it would be a long day, it ran from 10am until 4pm, but the time just zipped by. About 10 minutes before the expo ended, I was able to snap a few photos of my booth, as well as the expo (and snag a Stella & Dot product magazine, my absolute favourite jewelry, who just happened to be my "neighbour" at the expo).

Thank-you to everyone who came out and to everyone I met, I'm looking forward to connecting with you soon!

Here are several photos from my day at the expo.

My Booth

Beautiful pink and white gladiolus from the Kingston Farmer's Marker, and my strawberry and creme jellybean treat bag/business card tokens.

A close-up of my table and my posters.


The three aisles at the Women's Expo and my sweet little one month old nephew Henry at his first expo.

My amazing friends who came by to support me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment