Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to School

We've had a great summer. It didn't go by too quickly, and I really felt that I was able to spend a lot of time with my boys. We didn't travel too far, but made the most of our backyard and visited the local beaches. We made day trips to the cottage, and the boys spent many hours fishing in Loughborough Lake.

Back to school affects the boys and I in September. Grant was so excited to go into grade 1. He was almost vibrating on Labour Day Monday with excitement! We packed up his backpack several days in advance, and he helped me make his lunch the night before school. On Monday afternoon, Grant wrote a list of things that he needed to do in order to get ready for grade 1. It read:

1. Say "I love you mom".
2. Play ninja.
3. Practice kung-fu.
4. Say "Is everything ready for grade one mom?"

Grant was up early and ready to go. Grandma walked him to school, since I teach at a school with an earlier start time than Grant's school. I had a great day with my new class, but I couldn't wait to pick him up at 3:35pm. I didn't see him coming, but was suddenly hit from behind with an enormous bear hug around my waist. His little hand quickly slipped into mine, and he chatted the whole walk home. Just as we were approaching the house Daddy and Maxer arrived home. Max had an important day as well. He moved up to the "Cool Crocodudes" classroom at his daycare today. With a huge hug from Max and a lot of cuddles, it's been a great day! I can't believe that Grant is in grade one, and look out Kindergarten, Maxer hits the books next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment