Saturday, August 13, 2011

Nikki & Jay Tie the Knot




Jay and Nikki had a picture perfect wedding!  I started my day with Jay and the boys at their home.  As soon as I pulled up I knew that it was going to be a great day, I was greeted by his family in the driveway and they were so warm and inviting.  There were lots of laughs as the boys got ready, and then we headed down to the waterfront for some photos.  It was a fun group to work with, and they were up for anything.  They threw back a celebratory toast after we were done and headed downtown for the wedding.

Meanwhile, the girls were being pampered and getting ready at the hotel.  Nikki had the most amazing view of Lake Ontario in her suite.  The girls were just as pumped up as the boys.  The champagne was flowing admist the chocolate covered strawberries, as well as a variety of snacks.  Nikki was helped into her dress and she looked stunning!

The ceremony was meaningful and sweet.  Afterwards we headed over to the old abandoned Mexicali Rosa's restaurant on Ontario Street.  It had to be one of the most unique locations that I have ever had the opportunity to shoot at here in Kingston. From the exposed stone and brick walls, to the vibrant decor, winding staircase, and limestone courtyard, I was in heaven!  We did a quick spin through Confederation Basin, stopped for a drink at the Tir Na Nog, and then headed back to their reception which was already rocking.  It was an amazing wedding followed by an awesome celebration.


I never had the chance to post Nikki and Jay's wedding (things just get super busy at times), and these are some of my most favourite wedding images! Nikki and Jay were so full of energy and up for anything that I suggested, they were amazing to work with. Nikki looked stunning, and Jay cleaned up quite nicely too. As you can see, these two are very much in love. It's also a lot of fun when friends and family are at the wedding when I'm shooting, this one was great as my brother-in-law Tim and his finance Kat are close friends of Nikki and Jay. Enjoy!




























No comments:

Post a Comment