Saturday, November 10, 2012

Being Present...

Last month I did something that I've been looking forward to doing ever since I found out that I was pregnant with Nate, had our whole family photographed. I contacted Elizabeth, from Fulton Photography in Ottawa to see if she could squeeze in my family for a session, while she was down visiting her mom for Thanksgiving weekend. Luckily, she made room and everything worked out. I am not used to being on the other side of the camera, it's a little stressful to think about. I think that it's good to remember all of the effort that clients go to in order to prep for their sessions. Anyways, we(I) got our outfits ready, made sure that the boys were clean(which is no small feat some days in our house), and awoke to rain that Saturday morning. Thank god that the skies cleared, and it dried up a little bit for us to fit in our session. Elizabeth was wonderful with the boys. Max doesn't always warm up to new people easily, but somehow she worked him! It was nice to have Elizabeth behind the lens for a couple of reasons, for one, I have known her for a long time as her brother is one of my husband`s oldest and dearest childhood friends. Secondly, she rocks, I am so in love with our images. I think that it`s very important for everyone to be present in photos. So often, it`s the mom taking the pictures, so it is so special for me to have these photos of my boys and I when they are little. Next step, I am waiting (attempting to be patient)for my big canvas of one of our family photos to arrive in the mail. We`ve just have our family room painted and I can`t wait to create a photo wall with the images that Elizabeth took above our couch. Thank-you Elizabeth, for capturing my family so true to form, and for giving me these images of them so little to smile at every time I look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment